If YOU want to feel confident planning your own travel adventures, stick around. I’ve got you covered during the planning stages, in the air, and on the ground. And don’t forget your camera!
Hey, this is Jolayne. I have been a stay-at-home mom to three amazing girls for the past twenty years. My husband, Chris, is the technical genius in my life and my go-to tech support for all things electronic. He hears, “Chris, how do I…?” more often than he appreciates. He is pretty much awesome.
I love photography, gardening, being home, writing, organizing, and being inspired. Chris enjoys electronics, mountain biking, and airplanes. Together, we love family, traveling, working together, and enjoying life’s simple moments.
I love to travel with Chris. I especially love to travel to Europe, which is crazy, because most of the time I am a homebody! Almost ten years ago, I ventured out on my first international trip—solo I might add—to meet up with Chris in London. I was very nervous. I couldn’t have done it without his encouragement, help, and detailed planning.
Over the past ten years, we have had many more adventures together, and I have been blogging and taking pictures all along the way. I’d like to think I am not so much of an international travel newbie anymore.
59 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT US
- Call me Jolayne or Jo.
- I am one of the few people who actually calls Chris, Christopher.
- Friends who are traveling to international destinations often ask Chris and me for advice.
- I am a Canadian by birth; I am a US citizen after a lot of time and effort.
- Chris and I have three girls.
- I wear sunscreen every day.
- I wrote an eBook on how to plan a trip to Europe.
- I am addicted to Blistex, cinnamon-flavored Altoids, and Peppermint Cobalt 5 gum.
- I think I have converted all of my family to using Blistex and chewing Peppermint Cobalt 5 gum. I don’t share my Altoids very often.
- I have this uncanny ability to find things. Might be because I use my “Mommy Eyes” and notice where stuff gets left.
- I believe in Jesus Christ.
- I am so over cooking dinner every single night!
- Except during a pandemic, Chris travels for work a lot.
- We are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Chris served a mission in the Philippines.
- We have visited the Philippines twice as a family. We even hiked to Mt. Pinatubo!
- I skipped kindergarten.
- Chris and I are faithful exercisers.
- Perhaps that’s because I am always trying to lose those last ten pounds.
- I love to take pictures with my Canon 6d Mark II DSLR and iPhone and consider myself a hobby photographer.
- Chris seems to be able to figure out anything electronic.
- I can play the piano. I’m okay at it, not superb, but okay.
- I LOVE Italy.
- Chris loves Switzerland.
- France is also a favorite place to visit.
- Our home is always neat and tidy.
- I have a Master’s Degree in Recreation Administration from Brigham Young University.
- Chris has a Master’s Degree in Information Systems Management from BYU.
- I love hydrangeas, tulips, roses, peonies, begonias, and dahlias. Chris just loves that I am the one planting them and not him.
- Chris and I designed our home.
- Chris got stuck in quicksand on a volcano once.
- I am not a fan of water on my face, thus I am not into swimming.
- I am 5’2″. Chris is 6’4″.
- I was on the basketball team in high school. I sat on the bench a lot. See #33.
- There were 13 students in my high school graduating class.
- Chris grew up in Vancouver, WA. His graduating class was much bigger than mine.
- I wrote a book and then received my first rejection notice. I am considering self-publishing it.
- Chris holds four patents.
- We rode elephants once in Thailand. Once was enough for me.
- Chris and I were married in 1997.
- I am eight years older than Chris.
- We have zip-lined through the jungles of Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- Chocolate was not my favorite treat growing up. Now I seem to crave it.
- Chris has always had a sweet tooth.
- Chris works in Presales.
- Chris is the best cheerleader a family of girls could have.
- I call my family “my peeps”.
- I am a morning person.
- Chris has turned into a morning person.
- Writing is a skill where we both excel.
- I follow a cleaning schedule each week.
- We currently live in Colorado.
- Our two oldest daughters are in college. How did that happen?
- We live on 1.5 acres. It is far too much work to maintain.
- I plant a garden every Spring.
- Chris taught me how to run drip lines to all of the new plants I buy because he got tired of doing it.
- I grew up in Southern Alberta.
- Chris loves crashing headlong down a mountain-side. He calls it mountain biking.
- We love having older kids but also miss when they were babies.