… Or How to Keep the Romance Alive!
My husband, Chris, and I love to travel.
We introduced our girls to the world of travel early in their lives and have had fun exploring the world together as a family.
In less than two years, we will become EMPTY NESTERS!
What? How did that happen? It seems like yesterday that we started traveling with little babies.
The good news? After almost 25 years together and 22 of those years raising children, we still like each other!
Want to get to know us better? Check out my ABOUT ME page.
As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page may contain affiliate links. I would love your support through clicking on the links. Read the full disclosure here.
Why Have a List of Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner?
Out of all of the people in world, I would rather spend time with Chris than anyone else.
One of our favorite ways to spend time together is traveling and exploring the world with each other. On a recent getaway together, we absolutely loved visiting Malta and Gozo and then spending 5 Spectacular Days exploring the South of France… without children.
It was awesome.
Would you agree that sometimes you get so busy with life or even just the thoughts and lists of to-dos in your head that you find yourself searching for conversation topics?
Or perhaps you realize that you have spent the last thirty minutes driving together in silence?
Maybe your conversations are focused on:
- How was your today?
- What’s going on with the kids?
- What do we need to do this weekend?
- What would you like for dinner?
My blogging friend Mariham Hanna has this to say about strengthening relationships by having a list of fun questions to ask your partner:
Let’s face it, if you’ve been in a relationship with your spouse for a long time, dates can become repetitive or even boring at times. Yes, you can always explore new restaurants, cities, and experience new activities together…but sometimes you just don’t know what to say during these dates. You may find that you don’t have much to talk about with your spouse because you technically know everything about each other…
So, what do you do? Like many of us do nowadays, we pick up our phones, scroll through social media or your email or your texts.
Well I am here to tell you that you don’t need to pick up that phone to get distracted or look for conversation starters. In fact, I am here to encourage you to put your phones aside and enjoy each other’s company.
In a world full of busyness as well as devices and gadgets that connect us to the world around us, sometimes you just have to disconnect from electronics, leave work at the office, take some time away from kids, and connect on a personal level with the person sitting right next to you.
It is all about keeping the romance and friendship alive.
AND what you need are some FUN questions to ask your partner to help you connect.
What better way to do this than when you are traveling together!
SCROLL TO THE END OF THE POST FOR A PRINTABLE OF 99 FUN QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR PARTNER AS YOU TRAVEL
Adventure-Related Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner
1. What is one of the favorite adventures that we have had together as a family?
2. What has been your favorite adventure together as a couple?
3. What adventure would you like to do next as we travel?
4. Is there an adventure that you really do not wish to do?
Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner About Their Career
5. If you went back to college all over again, would you study the same thing?
6. What did you want to be when you grew up?
7. What do you want to do when you retire?
Childhood, Family, and Friends Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner
8. What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
9. What is one of the craziest things you have ever done?
10. Who was your favorite teacher as a child? In college?
11. What is your favorite memory with your mom?
12. What is your favorite memory with your dad?
13. Did you collect anything as a child?
14. What is a quality that you look for in a friend?
15. Did you ever want another brother? sister?
16. How does your life compare to how you imagined it when you were younger?
17. What was your favorite subject in high school?
18. What do you remember about learning how to drive?
19. Do you think our marriage has been a good example for our children? How could we do better?
20. Is there a personality trait in others that you don’t enjoy?
Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner About Faith
21. What inspires gratitude in your life?
22. Do you believe in God?
23. Have you seen any miracles in your life lately?
24. What do you think God is doing to help our marriage/relationship right now?
25. How can we prioritize God in our life more?
26. Is there a random act of kindness that has really made a difference to you?
27. What has helped you grow closer to God this past year?
28. Do you have a favorite quote?
29. What have you been praying for recently?
Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner About Finances
30. What are the three top financial goals we should be working toward?
31. If money was no object, what would you choose: a winter home, a year-long trip around the world, or a boat?
32. What would you do if you won the lottery? How would you spend the money?
33. What would you rather have: money, happiness, or good looks?
34. Who is the better money manager in our relationship?
FoodRelated Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner
35. What is your favorite food indulgence?
36. What is your favorite restaurant? What do you think is my favorite restaurant?
37. What food do you dislike the most?
38. What is one meal you could eat for the rest of your life?
39. Do you have a favorite cereal?
40. What is your favorite ice cream or gelato flavor?
Personal &Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner
41. What would be the title of your autobiography? If it were made into a movie, who would you want to portray you?
42. What is one of your pet peeves?
43. Is there something that you would change about yourself?
44. Is there a language you would like to learn?
45. What is your biggest regret?
46. What is your biggest strength?
47. What has been your best day ever?
48. What three words describe you the best?
49. What three words describe me the best?
50. What makes you feel most loved?
51. Is there a new hobby that you would love to try?
52. What is the best advice you have received? How has it made a difference?
53. What is something that you are most proud of?
54. What is your greatest talent?
55. What is the most courageous thing that you have done?
56. What is one thing you wish you could do?
Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner About Your Relationship
57. What are you top 5 suggestions for honeymoon or romantic destinations?
58. What is a favorite date that we have done together?
59. What is a date that you would like to do together?
60. Which of your parents are you the most alike?
61. Is there a relative or close family friend that you admire? Why?
62. What is one thing that you love about me?
63. What could I do to help you feel more loved?
64. Where do you see us in 5 years?
65. What is one thing we could do better as a couple?
66. What is one thing you have learned about having a successful marriage/relationship?
67. What are some positive things from our friends’ marriages that we could add to our marriage?
68. What characteristics did you see in me that made you want to marry me?
69. What’s one thing you look forward to most as we grow old together?
70. How long before you knew you wanted to marry me?
71. What do you love most about us as a couple?
72. What could we do to add more romance to our lives?
73. What is one thing you would never want to change about me? yourself?
74. Who says “I’m sorry” most often?
75. What are the 3 most important life goals you would want us to set?
Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner About Traditions & Holidays
76. Which of our family traditions do you like the most?
77. Are there any traditions that you would you like to add to our life?
78. Which holiday could you do without?
79. What is a favorite tradition from your childhood?
80. What is one tradition from your childhood that you wish we did now?
Travel-Related Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner
81. Do you have a travel bucket list?
82. What is one thing you want to do on a vacation together?
83. Where would you like to travel to next?
84. What has been your favorite travel experience thus far?
85. Which country intrigues you the most? Why?
86. What are you most looking forward to NOT doing while on vacation?
87. If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would you choose?
88. What is your idea of the perfect romantic getaway?
89. If we could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
What is Your Favorite… Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner
90. What is your favorite musical group? inspirational book? genre of music?
91. What is your favorite type of candy? sweet indulgence?
92. What is your favorite movie? actor? type of movie?
93. What is your favorite personality trait?
94. What is your favorite time of the year?
95. What is your favorite holiday?
What Would You… Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner
96. What would you do if you could plan your ultimate day?
97. What would you wish for if you were given three wishes?
98. If you could have a superpower, what would you choose?
99. What would you choose: a maid to clean your house or a chef to cook your meals?
Love this Post? Pin it!
Final Thoughts on Fun Questions to Ask Your Partner as You Travel
Whether you are a newlywed, you have been married for ten years, or your are looking forward to retirement together, take a little time to connect. These fun questions to ask your partner are great for weekly dates, quiet nights at home, or as you travel and explore the world together.
Build on the friendship that you have and add a little more “fun” to your life.