Instagram is everyone’s favorite photo app and is perfect for those moments when you have a little downtime in your day, when you are waiting for kids at the dentist or other events, or when you are commuting to work on the train.
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page may contain affiliate links. I would love your support through clicking on the links. Read the full disclosure here.
You just pull out your phone [affiliate] and begin scrolling. And many around you are doing the same thing!
The old saying, “A picture is worth a thousand words,” is perfectly true when it comes to your Instagram content.
As a visual platform, Instagram allows you to unite words, videos, and images all in one.
Creating Instagram Content
I love to travel. I love to take pictures. It is a match made in heaven for my Instagram content as a Travel Blogger.
Even with all of my pictures and all of my travel experiences sometimes it can be a challenge trying to come up with new ideas, fresh ideas, any kind of ideas for my Instagram content and posts.
Are you trying to increase your Instagram engagement and following?
If you have been active on Instagram for a while, you should begin to see which type of photographs and questions catch the eye of your followers and those you want to attract as followers.
Use that information to help you grow your account.
Don’t be afraid to add in some new Instagram content, tell a story, or ask a question.
If you are new to Instagram and wondering how to create engaging Instagram posts with your content, check other influencers to see what is working for them. And, keep reading to gain ideas to build your own Instagram content.
Follow simplyjolayne on Instagram!
Your goals are to:
- Foster brand recognition with a consistent theme
- Build trust with your audience
- Add new followers
- Engage with your followers
- Point your audience to your website
If you plan your Instagram content for the week, the month, or even the year (hmm, did the Friends theme song just run through your head?), you can then know exactly what type of photo you need or the theme you are trying to achieve.
99% of the Instagram pictures on my feed are taken by me. 1% of them are from my husband. Be unique. Create your own content.
INSTAGRAM CONTENT IDEAS
I have created a list of my Instagram content calendar posting ideas for this year. There are 220 TRAVEL Instagram photo and post ideas that will not only help you focus on capturing the perfect shots but also create the most engaging captions.
This Instagram content can be easily adapted to other lifestyle blogging niches.
- What unique thing do you like to photograph?
2. Funny street signs you have photographed
3. Photo with a pink umbrella for a color theme
5. Black and white photography
6. What kind of camera do you use?
7. Describe this photo with one emoji
8. Create a photo challenge
9. Back up your photos
10. Take more pics of you!
11. Learn to use your camera [affiliate]
12. Rule of thirds
13. Where in the world Wednesday…
14. Travel tip Thursday
15. Sunday Inspirational quote
16. Top ten travel tips
17. Did you know…?
18. Feel Good Friday
19. Remember when…
20. March 18 National Awkward Moment Day
21. March 20 International Day of Happiness
22. April 3 National Find a Rainbow Day
23. April 10 National Sibling Day
24. May 15 International Day of Families
25. May 31 National Smile Day
26. June 3 World Bicycle Day
27. July 1 International Joke Day
28. July 30 World Friendship Day
29. August 12 Middle Child Day
30. September 5 International Day of Charity
31. September 21 World Gratitude Day
32. September 27 World Tourism Day
33. October 1 World Smile Day
34. November 13 World Kindness Day
35. November 20 World Children’s Day
36. First Day of Spring
37. First Day of Summer
38. First Day of Fall
39. First Day of Winter
40. First Day of School
41. Last Day of School
42. Which season is your favorite?
43. What do you love most about July?
44. What do you love about Fall? Winter? Spring? Summer?
45. Plan ahead—warm places to visit for Spring Break?
46. Summer throwback picture (in winter and vice versa)
48. All I want for Christmas is…
50. Putting up the Christmas Tree
51. Favorite Christmas tradition
52. Favorite new trendy Christmas decoration
53. Christmas lights
54. Last minute gift ideas
55. It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas
56. Valentine’s Day
57. St. Patrick’s Day
59. Holidays abroad
60. Mother’s Day
61. Father’s Day
62. 4th of July
66. Today I am thankful for… (fill in the blank)
67. Random Acts of Kindness Challenge
68. What are you going to be for Halloween?
69. What did you buy on Black Friday?
70. New Year’s Day
71. New Year’s Goals
72. What is on your travel bucket list?
73. What is the most colorful destination you have traveled to?
74. Goal for this year? Next year?
75. Add something to your bucket list
76. Travel mishaps
78. Weird things travelers do
79. Last things to do before leaving on vacation
80. What is a cool thing about where you live?
81. Social distancing scavenger hunt
82. Fun facts about Normandy (any location)
83. Travel beauty tip
84. Travel fashion tip
86. Fun place to visit with children or teens
87. Three reasons to travel next year
88. Summer vacation ideas for families
89. Share a travel app that you love and use all of the time
90. What is one of your travel must-haves?
91. Top 5 items in my travel back pack
92. Favorite travel gadget [affiliates] from my husband
93. #1 Travel snack
94. Five things About Me (link to your website about me page)
95. Family Portrait
96. This is me
97. Favorite picture
98. A picture you love
99. Behind the scenes photo
100. What makes me smile
101. Selfie day
102. My favorite travel gadget
103. My top 5 European destinations
104. Picture of my office
105. Out my travel window
106. Selfie gone awry
107. 2 Truths and a lie (from your About Me page)
108. Promote an e-book
109. Offer a freebie
110. Latest blog post
111. New on the blog today
112. Follow me on Pinterest
113. Follow me on Facebook
114. Favorite beach photo. You can purchase at…
115. Thank your followers
WHAT IS ?
116. What is your weather today?
117. What is the favorite thing about your travel partner?
118. What was your longest flight?
119. What is your most used emoji?
120. What is your favorite thing to splurge on?
121. What is your favorite travel gift?
122. What is your must-have travel item? A. Book B. Cell Phone C. Tablet
123. What is your favorite color?
124. What is the first place you want to travel?
125. What is your favorite travel quote?
126. What is something unusual that has happened when you travel?
127. What is the most affordable travel destination?
128. What is the favorite national park that you have visited?
129. What is in my hand?
130. What is your favorite day trip?
131. What is a travel item you don’t actually need?
132. What is your favorite childhood travel memory?
133. What is something that makes travel easier?
134. What are your favorite travel shoes [affiliate]?
QUESTIONS TO ASK
135. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
136. Favorite author to listen to on vacation
137. What makes you smile when you travel?
138. What do you use for a carry on?
139. How long does it take you to relax on vacation?
140. Who would you rather travel with?
141. Beach – who else needs to be here?
142. Add an emoji for how you are feeling today
143. Post a memory
144. Childhood travel picture
145. What language would you love to learn?
146. What do you love to drink [affiliate]?
147. What do you do when you have a quiet evening all to yourself?
148. Dumbest thing you have done while you have traveled
149. Craziest place you have been
150. Feature another Instagrammer
151. What advice would you share about travel?
152. Do you exercise when you travel?
153. What did you do over the weekend?
154. Do you watch the Amazing Race for travel inspiration?
155. Share one of your great accomplishments
156. If you travel as a couple or a family, who usually plans the vacation?
157. How do you make time for a significant other?
158. What is your motivation? Why did you become a…?
159. Where were you this time last year?
160. One word that describes you.
161. I laughed today because …
162. Do you prefer to live in the city, suburbs, or countryside?
HAVE YOU … ?
163. Have you ever been here?
164. Have you ever forgotten stuff on the plane?
165. Have you ticked off an item on your bucket list lately?
166. One food I could eat every day is …
167. Favorite food while traveling
168. Best restaurant you found
169. Favorite travel treat
170. Have you ever made your own gnocchi?
WOULD YOU RATHER…
171. Go to the beach or the mountains?
172. Eat pizza in Italy or drive a dogsled in Alaska?
173. Travel solo or with a partner?
174. Stay in an Airbnb or a hotel?
175. Drive a manual or an automatic?
176. Eat pizza or doughnuts?
177. Drive a jet ski or ride a horse?
178. Would you rather have a maid, nanny, or a personal chef?
179. Would you rather photograph a lighthouse or a cabin in the woods?
180. Go hiking or biking?
181. Receive flowers or chocolate or …?
192. Always keep a current passport
193. Always wear sunscreen
194. Always wear sunglasses
195. Wear good shoes
196. Pack lightly – consolidate your clothing
197. Start a vacation fund
198. Bring a portable charger
199. Inform credit card company of your travel plans
200. Carry coins for the WC
201. Use a packing list
202. Take more pics of you!
203. Stay hydrated
204. Carry hand sanitizer
205. Travel in the shoulder season
206. Wear a hat or visor
207. Carry an umbrella—useful in the rain and as a prop
208. Be a conscientious tourist
209. Learn European signage and driving tips
210. Share your itinerary with family or friends
211. Invest in a waterproof backpack cover
212. Avoid banking fees while you travel
213. Visit the local tourism office
214. Learn a little history
215. Learn a little of the language
216. Be adventurous
217. Tips for traveling with kids
218. Tips for solo travel
219. Never go barefoot on an airplane!
220. Invest in travel specific clothing[affiliates]
Like this Post? Pin it!
Final Thoughts on Instagram Content for Bloggers
You never know when you will see the most amazing scene or compose that once in a lifetime shot.
And then you simply have to share it with the world? Instagram is awesome as a platform to showcase your photos whether your blogging niche is travel, fashion, food, or business.
Do you have any great Instagram content ideas? Share in the comments below.