My husband, Chris, is a seasoned business traveler. Prior to the pandemic, he was traveling every week across the United States and around the world.
Friends would often ask “Where’s Chris this week?”, and if he was within the United States, I would joke, “Oh, he’s just local this week.”
Sometimes he would have meetings in numerous countries during one trip and I would shrug my shoulders and say, “I’m not really sure where he is right now!”
His business travels have taken him to six continents and numerous states and countries world wide.
Love Notes in the Luggage
As an affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page may contain affiliate links. I would love your support through clicking on the links. Read the full disclosure here.
As Chris prepared for his trips and began to pack his Briggs & Riley suitcase [affiliate] (highly recommended if you travel frequently), he was very purposeful in folding his dress shirts just so, stuffing socks[affiliate] into his dress shoes to save on space, and using packing cubes[affiliate] to organize under clothing and ties.
It is an art to pack for a week-long business trip in one carry-on size suitcase.
On one of his multi-country, multi-week business trips a number of years ago, I surprised Chris with LOVE NOTES tucked and hidden throughout his clothes.
He LOVED the notes and kept being surprised each day as he planned his clothing for the day and found new notes.
I even tucked love notes into Chris’ “dopp” kit[affiliate] or toiletries kit. It is always fun to find a note when you brush your teeth for the night!
Surprising Chris with love notes on his international trips became a thing.
Coming up with new and creative love notes had me scouring Pinterest and the internet.
Sometimes, I would even number the notes so that he would know how many love notes were hidden in his luggage.
There were even a few times when Chris didn’t find all of the love notes and came across them later on shorter business trips within the United States.
They always brought a smile to his face.
Since he was traveling so often, it was a small and simple way for us to stay connected.
Do you have a frequent traveler in your life who would appreciate love notes while they are away?
Or just someone who makes you feel special?
They are not just for those who travel.
Love notes are perfectly awesome to tuck into someone’s lunch, to place under a pillow, or to hide around the house.
While Chris was away on one of his trips, he collected the notes, took a picture, and posted on Facebook:
There are lots of reasons Jolayne is awesome. But this one is especially great and worth sharing, even if personal. Going on frequent business trips around the world may seem luxurious and amazing, but in truth it’s really hard missing so much of what goes on at home. Sometimes it’s a real drag. Mostly it’s just hotels, restaurants, airplanes, and offices.
On my last trip, Jo hid over a dozen notes in my luggage to find throughout my trip. The kids even pitched in with their own notes too. What a pick me up! It made being gone for three weeks just a bit easier. Thanks babe for being so supportive!
I think you will love these Love Notes ideas.
60 of My Favorite Travel Love Notes
- You = my best friend + the love of my life
- When I tell you I LOVE you, I don’t say it out of habit or to make conversation. I say it to remind you that you are the best thing that ever happened to me!
- psssst… I love you
- I met you. I liked you. I love you. I’m keeping you.
- If I did anything right in my life, it was when I gave my heart to you
- You may be thousands of miles away, but you are still the first thing on my mind
- I like the way you make me feel even when you’re not around
- You are the first and last thing on my mind each and every day
- Your arms feel more like home than any house does
- I want you to continue being the absolute best part of my life
- I’m jealous of the people who get to see you everyday
- If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever
- I won’t give up on us
- You’re my definition of perfect (for me)
- Hey. You know I love you right?
- Something tells me I’m going to love you forever
- I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow ~Leo Christopher
- I love you because you make me feel like I mean something to somebody.
- Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control.
- I still get butterflies even though I’ve seen you 1000’s times
- I am so addicted to the idea of us being together
- I fall for your smile every single time
- I may not be your first, but I plan to be your last
- You make me laugh when I’m not even in the mood to smile
- Calling me cute is nice, calling me hot is great, but calling me yours is all I want
- It’s amazing how one day you walked into my life and I can’t remember how I ever lived without you
- I think I am suffering from a lack of Vitamin U
- If I could have anyone in the world, it would still be you
- I want all of my firsts and lasts to be with you
- I would choose you again and again and again
- You can have my heart but not my french fries.
- To Do List: You
- I love you this……….much
- 1 universe, 9 planets, 204 countries, 7 seas, and I had the privilege of finding you
- I want to be the reason you look down at your phone and smile
- Cuddling with you would be perfect right now
- I like that you ruin my lipstick…not my mascara
- I’m so totally, completely, magnificently, passionately in love with you
- I have a crush on your mind, I fell for your personality, and your looks are just a big bonus ~ The Notebook
- If I could sit across the porch from God, I would thank Him for lending me you
- I want to keep on making memories with you
- Together is my favorite place to be
- I’m the best me when I am with you
- I can’t imagine life without you. That’s my love story
- Suddenly, all of the love songs were about me and you
- You are my favorite notification
- In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine ~ Maya Angelou
- I love you way beyond the moon
- It was love at first sight and last sight and every other sight in between
- You have all of my heart every day of my life
- Every. Single. Day. I am grateful for you
- You are my greatest adventure ever
- I like your face
- I love being yours
Humorous Love Notes
- If you got stung by a jellyfish, I would totally pee on you
- I would climb a small mountain for you
- I would have shared the door with you (Titanic reference)
- You are the reason I get out of bed in the morning. Just kidding. I have to pee
- I plan on bugging you everyday for the foreseeable future
Love this Post? Pin it!
Final Thoughts on Ultimate Love Notes
We are a note-writing family.
I love to walk into my girls’ rooms and see the notes they leave for each other. I love the notes my husband leaves for me. I love the excitement of knowing that he will find the notes I have hidden throughout his suitcase when he travels.
Please share your favorite LOVE NOTES in the comments. Let’s spread love everywhere!